CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Seriously, When is Winter Coming?








*WARNING- Possible Spoilers Ahead. Read at your own risk for you hath been warned*

Hello old and new readers and welcome to another post by the ever so magnificent and ever so critical... ME! I know it has been a very long while since I have posted anything but this time it wasn't out of laziness or disinterest, but rather out of my super busy schedule at work. ow that I have this very precious free time, I figured... hm.. why not entertain and ensnare the minds of my readers by writing about something close to their hearts. And that is... *drum roll* GAME OF THRONES (GOT)! 

Ok confession time; ever since I stopped watching Spartacus, I swore to myself that I wouldn't succumb to social/TV pressure when it came to watching fantasy HBO series. But then time and boredom were very cruel to me and soon enough, I started running out of shows to watch! I started panicking and then... I saw it. I saw the HBO pop-up promoting Game of Thrones with Daenerys Targaryen and her damn dragons and that was all it took for me to be sucked into the world of castles, wars and yes, of course- DRAGONS.

For those of you simple-minded gents and gentiles who aren't well accustomed to the entire etymology or storyline of Game of Thrones, I'll try as best as I can to explain it to you in not more than 10 scrolls. Just kidding...3 maybe? To begin with, the main point of GOT is that it centers around this super impressive (seriously how in the heck did the producers come up with such an awesome design for a throne?) Iron Throne which is the envy of every warlord in the Seven Kingdoms. This throne has felt the warm asses of the Targaryens (a very old family), King Robert Baratheon, his asshole "son" Joffrey Baratheon and currently plays host to Tommen Baratheon.

So the series focuses on several key characters like The Stark Family, The Lannister Family, The Targaryen family, The Dothraki, a couple of slaves,  the Knight's Watch and last but not least dragons. I won't give away the plot of each and every season but I will tell you this: tits, f*king, incest, castration and cruelty. Those words are enough to make you illegally download this series. Trust me, if you start now, you will catch up since every season only consists of 10 episodes (Almost an hour each).

There are several reasons why I have come to like this show. Firstly, there are many different characters with many despicable and lovable personalities that make this show very enjoyable to watch. For instance, some of my favorite characters include, Tyrion Lannister (Played by Peter Dinklage- I love this character because of his sarcasm and very sharp tongue), Arya Stark (Played by Maisie Williams- her veracity and courage as well as her personal struggles make for great character development), Petyr 'Littlefinger' Baelish (played by Aiden Gillian ), Lord Varys (played by Conleth Hill), Daenerys Targaryen (played by Emilia Clarke- I liked her at the beginning when she was just starting to gain momentum and her character was starting to develop but recently her vanity and arrogance is starting to tick me off), Khal Drogo (played by Jason Momoa- he is one fearless warlord with brute strength and brings a lot of gore into the show... well until they kill him off *bitches*) and Daario Naharis (originally played by Ed Skrein who was later replaced by Michiel Huisman for no apparent reason- I loved Ed as Daario because he exuded the right kind of sex appeal that Daario has bot Michiel who is just... boring and lifeless).
               
The characters I really dislike are: Cersei Lannister (played by Lena Heady- this incestuous bitch is mother of all bitches who even gave birth to a son who is also a bitch), Joffrey Baratheon (aka Bitch McFuckface played by Jack Gleeson- Although I enjoy watching him being cruel, he is still a major douchebag), Sansa Stark (Played by Sophie Turner- one of the most depressing characters on the show. Jeez, just looking at her makes you want to take your own life. She's one of those characters that won't be missed if she died), and last but not least, Melisandre (played by Carice Van Houten- For God's sake she tried to kill GENDRY, GENDRY!!).

Another reason why I like this show is that despite each of the characters living very far away from each other, they still try to put a spotlight on each character and show their progress throughout the series. I would say the main highlight of the series so far was when Joffrey died (he was poisoned, for which Tyrion is wrongly accused). Other than that, many things seem to be occurring at a very steady pace and the plot continues to thicken. To some of you, this may all seem like Chinese and you'd have no idea who these characters are, or more, so click on this link to find out for yourself or you could always download it and start watching. Oh and one thing about GOT- The fact that it has already reached Season 4 and winter hasn't fucking come yet! In every episode at least one character will mention that "Winter is coming". Well hopefully, winter comes in the next episode or I'll start doing push-ups every time someone mentions it.

I know I could do myself a favor and read the books so I'd be put out of my misery but FUCK NO. I refuse to read the books. I refuse to spoil the entire series for myself. I did that with Harry Potter, Twilight (I wish i hadn't watched the movie and stuck to just the books) and the Lovely Bones and learnt my lesson. So no, I WON'T be reading the GOT books so suck on that George R.R. Martin.

And on that note,



Valar Morghulis

0 voice outs: